Do you want your voice to be heard in YOUR region and by the global Internet community?
ICANN is looking for the ‘next generation’ of individuals who are interested in becoming more actively engaged in their own regional communities as well as taking part in the future growth of global Internet policy. Important work is happening every day at ICANN; if you are ready to start your journey, read the information below to see if you are eligible for THIS ICANN Meeting.
Prospective members of the NextGen@ICANN initiative must be:
- Living or studying in the region of the respective ICANN meeting and between the ages of 18 and 30. Since applicants must be from the region in which the meeting is being held in, it’s important to understand what ‘regions’ mean. ICANN has established five geographic regions: Africa, Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia. ICANN‘s meetings rotate through these geographic locations using the new ICANNMeeting Strategy. For those over the age of 30, be sure to apply for the ICANN Fellowship program if you meet the Fellowship criteria (Learn More).
- Able to spend the time allotted for the ICANN meeting, actively participating and in attendance at all required events, as noted by the organizers of NextGen.
- Interested in Internet Governance, the future of the Internet, and other topics covered at the ICANNmeeting.
- Willing to present a 5-10 minute project at the meeting. This could be a presentation of research you are working on or have completed, an activity you are doing related to ICANN‘s work, a website you are affiliated with that is related to ICANN‘s work, a thesis project you are working on, etc. All NextGen presentations may be attended by members of the ICANN Multistakeholder community who are in attendance at the ICANN Meeting, as well as NextGen Ambassadors and other NextGen participants.
By applying, applicants are stating they are willing and able to spend the period of the ICANN meeting with the NextGen@ICANN group and will attend all required events. Each individual is provided a grant of support that covers the cost of economy class airfare, hotel and a stipend. NextGen participants are required to secure their own visas for travel at their own expense, as well as obtain any travel or health insurance, if desired, at their own expense. If you wish to apply for NextGen@ICANN, you must provide your personal information, however it is voluntary to choose to apply.
Upcoming Launch Dates:
ICANN57 (Meeting C) in Hyderabad, India to be held 3 – 9 November 2016
- Application Round open: 13 June 2016 at 23:59 UTC
- Application Round close: 22 July 2016 at 23:59 UTC
More information here.